You want to start your own blog. Right? that’s why you are here. This is the right time to start.
Today I am going to teach you how you can create your own blog in 2020 step by step. Just read the full article.
In the end, I will give you some useful tips on how you can get traffic on your blog and how you can optimize your blog for google search engine.
Blogging is an Idle career which depends on your learning, passion & hard
dedication towards your valuable works.
what is a blog
If you are interested in acquiring information from the internet then the word ‘Blog” is not a new one but if you don’t then in short ‘ Blog is a way to express your ideas and feelings about any topic to your audience in a very simple way. It is an online journal where different entries are posted regularly.
A person who writes posts in the blog is called Blogger and the whole process of writing posts and managing for your audience is called Blogging. If you have zero knowledge of coding then nothing to worry, you always welcome to blogging.now a day there is no need for knowledge of coding to start blogging.
Why you should create a blog and join the blogger community
So, below I am going to sketch you how you can start your own blog and set it up hassle free. before we jump to that I want to discuss WHY you should start a blog?
Note: if you already have an idea why you want to build a blog then you can skip this content and directly go for the next step. if not then it is for you:
- Blogging has become a very popular way to spread and communicate
information and news. there are millions of blogs online.
- it is a great way to express yourself and a very popular way to share
- you became a good person and also a very good writer.
- Moreover, you can make money online with it.
- You can build your own community and become popular
- It helps to promote your business or services.
I know many of you know all of this but it is good to remember all of these for a while.
There is a lot of questions pondering on among all of you are
- Where should I start a blog? (The most important question – Platform)
- What niche Should be beneficial for me? (Blog Topic is another important chapter)
- What should be my Doman Name?
- Where should I host My Blog?
- How To Buy Hosting For My Domain Name?
- How To Install My Blog on My Domain Name?
- Designing Of my Blog
- How To Make my Blog Greater Than Others
- How To Write my first post?
But I want to assure you that you don’t need to worry about anything. In this step by step guide to Start a Blog, you will not only get your above answer also you will get a lot of knowledge & be able to start a blog today.
One very last thing before we started,
so, let’s start building a blog. grab yourself with a cup of coffee or juice and follow the steps. In this process, if you have any confusion or questions please feel free to ask me by commenting below the post.
Discloser: This article “create your own blog” contains some affiliate links. If you purchase any service through these links I will earn a small commission, this is at no extra cost to you.
How To Start a Blog From Scratch
Step-1: which is the best blogging platform
There are many blogging platforms are available but the most popular platform is BLOGGER and WORDPRESS. Blogger is free whereas WordPress is paid. So there is a lot of confusion about what to choose.
The advantage of Blogger
- Easy to use for beginners.
- lots of HTML/CSS plugins are available.
- SEO optimized.
- 100% free of cost.
The advantages of WordPress
WordPress powers 30% of the total web. There are many plugins available for WordPress that makes your work more easier and time-saving. There is a chance of getting hacked in WordPress but if you take proper security then nothing to worry.
More advantages of WordPress
- Professional Themes
- SEO optimized
- Professional plugins
- totally customizable
- Value for money.
Step-2: Topic of your blog niche
The very first thing is finding niche for your blog. Niche means finding a topic that you are going to write on your blog.
I hope you aren’t planning about to blog about all the random topics & earn money. That doesn’t work in 2019 & if you focus on a particular topic it would be more easy to get success in the Year 2019.
However, Google (The biggest Search Engine) prefers a website which is built on a particular topic or niche. For Example www.blogginginn.Com is on the topic of “blogging, SEO & digital marketing” and that’s how you get us.
Read more: 12 Best Paying Online Tutoring Jobs in India
Now you all are thinking about how to find niches that suit you
- The best thing is your knowledge, knowledge can beat anything. Try to choose that topic where you have a vast knowledge and you think you know well than others. It could be anything, not only your job related or your education related. Try to think about those topics that you mostly talk about and you know it very well.
- pick a topic that you mostly read about. Topics that you love to read is a suitable option for your blogging niche.
- For the newbie blogger I always suggest to take a paper and a pen and write 20 different niches in different rows & columns. Like Technology, News, Fashion, Fitness, Weight loss, Motivation, Photography, Pets, Software, Dating & relationship etc. then try to write 20 different posts titles on each niches without any reference. after that you will understand which niche is perfect for you.
Choosing your niches is the most important thing before you start a Blog.
Step-3: Buy Blog’s Domain name
A domain name is the address of your blog. If anyone wants to connect to your blog they need a domain name. Here mybusinessconnexion.com is the domain name of my blog. anyone in the world can connect to my blog using this domain name.
Choosing domain name is another important step. Try to choose a simple, unique, easy to write and easy to remember domain name that describes your niches.
Domain name is a very crucial thing because it is your Blog’s identity.
If you want blogging in Blogger or WordPress for free a subdomain will be added automatically after your blog name like yourdomain.blogspot.com (for blogger), yourdomain.wordpress.com (for wordPress). It is okey if you are new and just want to learn blogging.
But if you are serious about blogging and want to generate revenue from it, I suggest buying a domain name like “mybusinessconnexion.com“. you have to some penny for this yearly. For this, we pay $12 yearly.
Keep in mind before buying a domain:
- Always try to buy .com Domain name.
- Your domain name should be easy to write, easy to pronounce and easy to remember.
- Don’t use numbers in your domain name.
- Don’t use more than 12 characters in your domain name. because people don’t like to type much.
- Don’t use .info, .net, .us, .biz etc like extensions because they don’t ranks good on Search Engine. I always like to suggest people to use .Com or .Org Domain Names Extensions.
Note: “.Com” is The Gold Standard, but you can also choose .net, .org, etc. But I will suggest not to use .us or .biz like extensions.
Step-4: Buying a hosting
We are already discussed about-
- Best blogging platform
- Blogging niches
- Domain name
Now we have to buy a web hosting to host our website. now some of you are thinking about what is a web hosting & why we need it?
Web Hosting is a type of Online hosting service which allows people to make their website live on world wide web. This is a server which stays available 24*7 & all your future blog post, pages, images, videos, designs will be stored on this Web Hosting server.
There are lot of websites are available which gives you free services but personally I will never recommend you all the free hosting servers because they provides limited space, no server control, irrelevant forcefully ads, everyday 5-6 hours server downs, no support & the most terrible is your site could disappear any time without any notice.
So, I will never recommend you all the free web server. For Testing your site you can use that but if you serious about blogging I will recommend you to buy a web hosting.
However, I always like to use Bluehost Server because they are are not only cheap but also they are providing good service & 24*7 customer services.
Bluehost is an affordable & good choice as it offers everything to start Your Blog Today. Some features are below,
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Free Domain Names (Saves Your $12/Year)
- Free SSL (Most important feature)
- Easy To Use Cpanel
- 30 Days No questions Money Back Guarantee
And all this features only costs
How to buy it web hosting from Bluehost
- Visit To Bluehost.Com or Click on the above link.
- Click on Get Started Now Button
- Select Bluehost Basic Plan if you want to start with one blog or You can select Plus plan for starting more than one blog.
- On The Next Page, You can claim your free domain name, Provided by Bluehost. If you’re not ready then you can choose later.
- On the next step, just fill up your contact information. Pay a little attention to package extras as you can skip a few things to save your money.
- Only check on Domain Privacy Protection & unchecked everything to save your money.
- Now after completing Package information & extras scroll over to Payment information section. You can pay via Credit/Debit card or if you want to pay from PayPal then you can click on More payment options.
- Once you have completed Payment, Bluehost will also create your first blog in the next 5 minutes. This will be done automatically without any nuisance for beginners who just wish a ready-made blog.
- Now you just finished installing your WordPress on Bluehost Web Server.
Step-5: Launching a WordPress blog with Bluehost
The best thing of Bluehost is it automatically install WordPress for you. Just you have to choose the blogging platform.
then you have to set up some basic information in the WordPress dashboard, like site name, site description, WordPress login username, and password.
Step-6: Choosing a theme to start a Blog
The first impression is the last impression
Blog designing is the most important part when you’re starting your first blog because a good design will force your visitor to love your blog. Also, this is how your visitor will remember you & your blog & will convert in your daily reader’s list. Remember your blog’s outfit is the key to your blog.
First of all, in WordPress there are ready-made WordPress Themes are available for all types of blogs. There are thousands of themes are freely available in WordPress Themes Store.
But in my recommendation, choose a premium theme that converts people more quickly than freely available WordPress Themes. Also, you will get all the support & guide, and moreover, you will get a quality design for your first blog.
Below some easy to use modern themes which I would recommend to start with,
Step-7: Installing WordPress Plugins
- Yoast SEO – WordPress Plugin: SEO is the most important factor for bloggers to rank on Search Engine & Yoast makes it easy with their free WordPress Plugin. They also offers a premium plugin but I will recommend to install at first free one then if you need premium one you can buy.
- Contact Form: Admins need to open a contact page to interact with readers & you need to make a contact form to interact with readers & Contact Form makes it easy to contact admins. The most noteworthy is this is a free WordPress Plugin.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com: Jetpack is a full of security WordPress Plugin by WordPress.com. You can also get a day to day stats & other options to make your site faster for free.
- Really Simple SSL: SSL is the most important security layer to protect your site from hackers. Just install your free or paid SSL in your server & Really Simple SSL automatically redirects all traffic from Http to https which is more secure than Http.
- Smush Image Optimization: Image optimization is another needy WordPress Plugin for every blogger to make their site’s pages load fast. Smush Image Optimization is a free plugin which is must recommended plugin also.
- WP Super Cache: This is another important plugin to minify HTML, JS, & with lots of features.
- Easy Table of Contents: A user friendly, featured focused plugin which allows you to insert a table of contents into your posts, pages, and custom post types.
- Elementor Page Builder: It’s about time for a live page builder, with no limits of design. A page builder that delivers high-end page designs and advanced capabilities, never before seen on WordPress.
There are many more plugins are available but above are the basic recommended Plugin for every newbie bloggers.
If you have followed all the above steps, your blog is up & ready for publishing your first blog Post.
Read more: Work From Home:10 Ways to Make Money Online
Step-8: Write a blog post
Now write your first blog post.
- Navigate to the WordPress dashboard.
- Go to “Posts”.
- Click on “Add New”
- 1st give a title of your post.
- Write the content of your post
- Give the category of your post.
- Add a feature image.
- Give some tags according to your post content.
- Finally, publish your post.
your post will be active on your website.
Here you also get some option like the ‘schedule’ to set a specific time to post your post automatically.
Keep in mind while writing a blog post
- Try to write content in 2000+ words, that help you to rank your post top on google.
- Formatting your article- Use Bold, Italic, Underline to make your post attractive.
- Write max 4-5 lines in a single paragraph.
- Add related images in your post.
- Add an attractive featured image in your post.
- Write the post in detail as much as you can.
- Give a reply to your readers who commented below the post.
- Do not fake titles and fake information.
- Use Sub-heading on your blog.
- Use links to different websites if needed.
- Permalink must describe shortly which helps search engines to rank fast.
- In metadata provide a short description of your content with related keywords.
- Schedule/Publish your content.
- Share on every social media platform like Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Whatsapp, etc
- Send push notification to your readers.
- Send an email newsletter.
Step-9: Add some must-have pages to your blog
Here is a list of some important pages that you have to add on your blog to make it a professional.
- About Page: This page contains all the details of your Blog & You.
- Contact Page: Contact page is where your readers can connect with you. You need only a contact form to add this page on your blog & Contact Form 7 makes it easy for every blogger.
- Disclaimer Page: Disclaimer is a formal statement saying that you are not legally responsible for something, such as the information given in your blog, or that you have no direct involvement in it.
Step-10: Make social pages of your blog
Once you have completed you first blog site, You need a community where your readers will join & social media makes it easy to get started.
Firstly to get started on social media, You need a Facebook Fan Page, a Facebook Group, Instagram account, Twitter Account.
Here are guide on how to get started & make your blog social.
- create a Facebook Fan Page Blog
- Twitter account for your blog
- An Instagram page.
Read more: 7 Genuine Ways to Choose a Business Name
SEO for free traffic source
SEO (search engine optimization) is mandatory to rank your website top on Google.
Search Engine Optimization help you to rank on Search Engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. And it’s quite easy to get organic traffic if your site’s Search Engine Optimization is good, which helps you to generate more revenue.
Here are three crucial parts of SEO are discussed below
- On Page SEO : Your contents quality, Keyword Density, Meta Description, Permalink & other factors.
- On Site SEO : Crawling & indexing of your website.
- Off Site SEO : Dofollow & Nofollow Backlinks from other sites.
- Social Signals: Social media sites play a great role to increase blog ranking. Google plus proves all the above myths to improve your blog’s search engine ranking.
- User Experience: Nowadays Search Engine Optimization is all about to give a great user experience. For example, Design of your site, Navigation, Page Loading, Readability & more.
Here are some guides for improving your SEO ranking
- Keyword Research from scratch using Google Keyword Planner.
- write an SEO friendly content
- Create backlink for SEO
If you are a blogger it is necessary to submit and verify your blog to Google Search Console.
Just visit the Google Search Console page and log in with your blogger email id and click ‘Add Property’ now add your website URL and verify with the preferred method. If you are facing any problem you can search on google “How to blogger/WordPress website in Google search console”, you will see many results.
How to earn money with your blog?
Here comes the main part of why we start blogging. people normally start blogging to earn money from the online platform. Here is a lot of ways to earn money from blogging. Some of them are listed below:
- Google Adsense is very popular and used by almost every blogger to make money. You can also use it on your blog to make money. but some terms and condition are there.
- Your website must have about 30-40 quality content.
- make sure your website does not have any sexual content.
- Your site must not be illegal like- free movies or music download or piracy content.
So, these are the basic requirements and if want to know full terms and condition you can go to- Google Adsense terms and conditions.
There are many Google Adsense alternatives. Once you are approved by Google Adsense you can go for the alternatives.
Here is the list of some alternatives:
and many more are available. but I recommend you to go for Media.net, it has high pay ratio like AdSense.
If you really want to make money online then except affiliate marketing nothing is better. People who earn a lot of money from online use affiliate marketing.
If you are a reviewer of any niches like technology, beauty home appliances just drop your affiliate link to buy that product below your article. If anyone buys from your link you will get a good commission.For this, you have to rank your website top on google.
Whenever your blog is popular you will automatically get emails from different companies offering sponsorships and this is the most attractive way of earning.
Before taking sponsorship
- You must test the product/website/software.
- Product must not be illegal in your country.
- The product should be valuable for your audience.
- Take the sponsorship
- If you are forced for the paid promotion reject the proposal.
- Take good charge for sponsorship keeping in mind of the traffic on your website and social media platform.
- Do not fill your blog with sponsorship. It is a part of your blogging.
My tips to Rank your website top on google
- Write the article using guidance I have already discussed above.
- Get post to any other site to get traffic and backlinks.
- if you are reviewing some product then try to go for the best searched of demanding items to rank your site top on google and also to increase your earning through affiliate marketing.
- Always write genuine content.
- use keywordtool.io to search for the most searched keyword on google, that helps you to rank your website.
In my opinion, blogging is the most profitable to make money online. in the above article, I taught you how to start blogging. here is the quick recap of what you have learned.
- How to Start Blogging in 2020
- SEO on Blog
- write a Blog
- earn money from Blogging.
I think this article will help you to start your blogging career in 2020.
Hi! I am Sarajit Mitra. Fountainhead of My Business Connexion. I am an Electrical Engineer by profession and Blogger by passion. I have been doing Blogging since 2018.